31 Jan 2019

THE WEATHER


Asking about the weather
What's the weather like today?
How's the weather?
Is it cold outside? / Is it cold out?
Is it hot outside? / Is it hot out?
It's not too cold. It's not too hot.
It's getting colder. It's getting warmer.
Nice weather
Beautiful weather, isn't it?
It's a beautiful day, isn't it?
Nice morning today, isn't it?
Yes, it is. / It sure is.
How nice the weather is today!
The weather is fine.
The weather is good today. The sky is clear, the sun is shining, and birds are singing.
Bad weather
Terrible weather, isn't it?
What a terrible day!
Yes. / It sure is.
It is cold, isn't it? / Cold, isn't it?
It is hot, isn't it? / Hot, isn't it?
The weather is bad today. The wind is blowing, and it is getting colder.
It's terrible outside. The snow is melting, and the roads are slippery.
It's windy. It's very windy.
It's terribly cold. It's freezing cold. It's bitter cold.
Rain and snow
It looks like rain. It looks as if it is going to rain.
It looks like snow. It looks as though it is going to snow.
It looks like it's going to be sunny.
It's raining. It is raining hard. It is raining heavily.
It's snowing. It is snowing heavily.
It started raining in the morning.
When will it stop raining? When will the rain stop?
I wish it would stop raining.
I got caught in the rain yesterday.
I was wet to the skin. I got wet to the skin.
I was soaking wet. I got soaking wet.
Weather forecast
Do you know the weather forecast?
The weather report says cloudy, hot and humid,
 but no rain.
They said it might get windy at night.
There is an 80% chance of heavy rain. (eighty percent)
It's supposed to get quite warm later in the afternoon.
Temperature
What's the temperature?
It's pretty warm, 20 degrees Celsius.
How much is that in degrees Fahrenheit?
It's 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
It's not so cold, about 35 degrees Fahrenheit.
How much is that in degrees Celsius?
About two degrees above zero.
Preferences
I like warm weather.
I hate hot weather.
I can't stand cold weather.
I hate it when it's cold like this.
I hope it would get warmer soon.
I love it when it's warm like this!
This heat is killing me!
I hope it would get cooler soon.
Are you afraid of thunder and lightning?
What is your favorite season?
I like autumn. I like summer most of all.